Church Opening 1984

In 1983 Joan and Robert Garvin donated the church property to PRUDE Inc. The land was cleaned and prepared for a new graveyard. The original church that was built by Edmund Hillyer Duval and his family in 1875, burned to the ground in 1936.

PRUDE re-opened and blessed the Willow Grove Baptist church and surrounding areas in 1984, after the devastating fire of 1936. Once the grounds were re-blessed by Father Stock Hall, there was a flag-raising ceremony by Louise Young and Raymond Richards, in 1984.